“Don’t put off to tomorrow what you can do today” may be a cliche, but there is some truth to it. Especially when that “tomorrow” is the your time to shine. Here are the 10 best reasons you’ll find to work on a personal brand now, not tomorrow.
- An increase life values is likely to occur after you work on a smart brand. A brand is the vital puzzle piece that completes your image, your portfolio, and life. It has that special something that takes you to the next level. Whether you’re attracting clients or friends, this is piece says, “I’m ready for it all.”
- Recognition. When you see the “swoop”, Nike naturally comes to mind. It’s their way of being instantly recognisable with a glance. Having a personal brand, whether that is on paper or personal flair all your own, a brand gives you this same recognition and helps you stand out in your field.
- Look like a big fish even if you’re in an ocean of competition. While putting your brand on your items from letterheads and business cards to clothing and more you gain recognition, but this branding also instantly makes you look more professional and experienced. As a bonus it also makes your company look like a long lasting, stable person to come to, which gives people confidence to look your direction whether looking for a business deal or companionship.
- Be a good memory for your friends and clients — and those they refer to you. A smart brand can do a lot more for you than you initially see. When you hand your business card over your brand stays with the good feelings you created for your contacts. They can pass those good memories on to others with your card and their stories about just how awesome you are.
- Attract more good things. Your personal brand, like good karma, can draw even those without a reference. The key to this is creating a good branding that not only speaks of what you do, but also what you stand for. A brand like this will draw those in that want your service from you because of everything you are.
- Differentiate yourself from your competition. It’s easy to say you want a specific item, even things so mundane as toilet paper. However, what makes you choose one brand over another? Perhaps you’re drawn to the cuddly bear of Charmin or the economical value of Scotts. Whatever your reason, these little details not differentiate the different types of toilet paper on the market, but also draw a customer to them time and again.
- Differentiate what makes you different. You can use your brand to also state how you’re different from others. This is where you can integrate a your practices or beliefs that makes you truly shine in a different light.
- Paint a picture of yourself when words just aren’t enough. This is especially useful when you do something unique and would take more than a couple sentences to explain. Your brand and logo says it all for you in a glance — or at lease completes the elevator speech.
- Meet expectations — then exceed them. A brand is not just essential now a days to complete your portfolio, but it’s also expected. This is especially so in the creative world where a brand and logo is also used as a mini portfolio of the service.
- Show your commitment and pride in yourself with your logo. When you brand yourself or trade, you brand it with your hopes and dreams. Your logo and branding efforts show your pride in yourself and your work.
As you can see, branding can make a huge difference in your life. It can make you more money, instil confidence in yourself and network, and help you create something long lasting that you can truly get behind.
Personal branding isn’t just for you. Why not show your Brokowski some love with their personal branding? Even though Valentine’s Day has recently come and gone and the gifts and sweet nothings have ended we can all look for more substaintial reasons to conjure up motivation to be a better person, partner, roommate, or employee. Why not love your Brokowski like you would like all those other things in your life. Why Not, Why Not Brokowski.
How can you see branding working for you? Add your thoughts in the comments below. Or, come talk to us!